What are the requirements to request the ESTA?
The requirements for applying the ESTA are numerous but they are very simple:
- – Your country of origin or residence must take part in the visa exemption program (eligible countries are listed below).
- – Have an electronic or digital reading passport eligible for the VWP program.
- – You must have a round-trip ticket.
- – Your travel must not exceed 90 days.
- – You must travel with a VWP eligible vehicle.
- – Since applying for ESTA has a cost, you must have a VISA, MasterCard, Discover or American – Express credit card, or a VISA or MasterCard debit card. PayPal is also accepted.
- – You must provide a valid email address.
Eva is of Italian nationality. She is leaving with her friends for the USA. She knows that she needs an ESTA but she doesn’t actually know if her passport is suitable for optical reading and for the VWP program. Her friend Luke explained to her that the symbols “>>>” grouped with numbers and letters and her personal data at the bottom of the page make for the optical reading code. Finally, Eva replenished and applied online for her Esta
Matthew has a British passport and is currently in Mexico. He is there in a business trip with his superior. They will need to go in Texas, Austin, and will do so with a private flight. Even if the flight plan will be undoubtedly accepted by the American authorities, Matthew shan’t use an ESTA for his journey and should apply for a visa from the US embassy. Private flights are treated as if they are an unknown vector to the American authorities, therefore they do not meet the requirements of the program travel without a visa.